Here is a list of some important formulas that students of Class 10 CBSE Maths should know:
- Pythagoras’ Theorem: In a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. This can be written as:
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
where a and b are the lengths of the other two sides, and c is the length of the hypotenuse.
- Quadratic Equation: A quadratic equation is an equation in the form of ax^2 + bx + c = 0, where a, b, and c are constants. The solutions to a quadratic equation can be found using the formula:
x = (-b +/- sqrt(b^2 – 4ac)) / (2a)
- Distance Formula: The distance between two points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) in a plane can be found using the formula:
d = sqrt((x2 – x1)^2 + (y2 – y1)^2)
- The slope of a Line: The slope of a line is a measure of its steepness. It can be calculated using the formula:
slope = (y2 – y1) / (x2 – x1)
where (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) are two points on the line.
- Midpoint Formula: The midpoint of a line segment with endpoints (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) is the point that is halfway between the two endpoints. It can be found using the formula:
midpoint = ((x1 + x2) / 2, (y1 + y2) / 2)
PDF Name: Class 10 CBSE Maths’ Formula
No. of Pages:49
Download PDF Now: Click Here